We expect all of our volunteers to muck in and work as a team. During festival hours your will work 4 hour shifts. Those of your wishing to work pre and post festival will work 7 hour shifts.
We will try and work with you and vary the shifts patterns to make it fair to all. Please let us know on your application form what hours you would prefer.
Below, is some examples of the duties you will be expected to undertake. We expect everyone to work as a team and we will make sure that all our volunteers have a fabulous time!
- Festival set up / take down support: Pre festival days -28 hours. Duties will include helping with set up and take down from Tuesday 30th April - Monday 6th May. Days / hours to be worked are Tues - Thurs (pre festival) - 10:00 - 17:00 and Tuesday 7th (post festival) 10:00 - 17:00. No hours will be worked during the festival and your time is yours to enjoy. You must be fit enough for lots of lifting and carrying.
- Camping gate staff and marshals: Friday morning arrival is essential. You will be required to assist with marshalling within the camping areas. Duties will begin Friday at 11:00. Your shifts will be 4 hour shifts at a time. You will also be required to man the gate at times during the festival. Hours and shift times will be issued prior to the festival.
- Car park marshals: You will be required to assist with parking day visitors. Your shifts will be 4 hour shifts starting at 9:00.
- Gate staff & information booth: Duties will include scanning tickets and issuing visitors with wristbands. The gate will also be the information booth so you will be required to man this once the busy period is over. These shifts will be 4 hour shifts.
- Fire wardens: Full training will be given on what to do in the event of a fire. As a warden, we do not expect you to fight any fires but to spot any issues and report them. This will include identifying any hazards for preventative measures. These will be 4 hour shifts. If you are a fire warden, you will not be asked to undertake any other duties other than the task in hand.
- Event sanitation duties: It is essential that all volunteers are happy to take part in waste management and site sanitation duties. This job is essential for the enjoyment of everyone at the festival. Duties will include litter picking (with gloves and litter grabber tools), reporting any full bins to main control, checking the toilets and showers every 30 mins, venue cleanliness such as ensuring the event is clean and presentable at all times. Please note that we will have cleaners on site throughout the festival so your duties will simply be to report any issues you may come across. You may be asked to close a toilet temporarily but never to clean it.
- Smile: At Camp Svern - Kids Festival we want every single visitor to feel welcome. A smile and hello goes a long way and will encourage people to ask questions. Our staff and volunteers will be representing us and we need happy, smiley faces. Chat to people, have fun and enjoy your self!